People usually prefer busting a drain clog by taking the pipes apart or by simply inserting a drain snake. Other prefer keeping it simple by pouring chemicals down the drain. Two types of chemicals are generally used by house owners- caustic ones, such as sodium hydroxide and the acids, such as Sulfuric acid. Acids are more famous as they remove the clogs permanently with their clog-eating capability. Regardless of the part it plays effectively, acids should be used as the last by any house owner. They are extremely dangerous and can mix up with other materials and chemicals to produce toxic fumes harmful for the health of the people. You can also hire sewer relining Sydney professionals to clean your pipes.
Now, if you have tried all other methods and the last option left is suing the acid, here is the step by step guide on how to use it and the precautions you need to take before using it.
Follow this guide to use Sulfuric acid as your ultimate drain cleaner:
- The first step is to cover the parts of the drain and sink to prevent their exposure to the vulnerable acid. You can put a protective clothing and then read through the instructions provided on the product’s label to proceed with the steps.
- Keep the room well-ventilated. Open the doors and windows to allow free passage of fresh air
- Slowly pour the amount of cleaner as instructed down the drain (about seven ounces)
- Wait for a few seconds before turning the facet on. Allow water to slowly flow down the drain. In case you see clogs backing up, turn off the tap and wait.
- Pour the acid again, but this time a little more, around sixteen ounces. Wait for an hour and allow the acid to do its job. Flush the drain. Get in touch with the sewer relining Sydney professionals if you face any issues when cleaning the pipes with acid.
- Hopefully, the acid will clean the clog this time, clearing your drain of the unwanted waste.
- Now fill a cup with water and add one fourth of baking soda. Mix it properly and pour it down the drain. Wait for some time and finally flush water down the drain for a cleaned drain pipe.
Safety guidelines for using Sulfuric acid:
- Be mindful when diluting the acid with water. Never pour water into the sulfuric acid. Always pout acid into the water.
- Always cover your body parts and hands with protective cloth. Do not forget to wear a protective eyewear.
- Sulfuric can wear out the stainless steel pipes. You are recommended to use sulfuric acid only if you have plastic pipes.
The plumbing companies who offer sewer pipe relining Sydney services follow some of the protective measures due to the COVID 19 pandemic situation. These are as follows:
- They avoid shaking hands and stand at a distance while talking to you.
- They wear gloves and disinfectant everything while performing their task.
- They essentially wipe the payment card before processing the payment.
The sewer pipe relining Sydney professionals make sure they follow these precautions before to have their hands on the drain cleaning process.